Explore, Sojourn and Discover
New truths present themselves in the month of August. Our fourth Open Mic at The Drake will be August 23rd – the fourth Tuesday in August. Explore, sojourn and discover is the theme as we approach the end of summer ramblings.
A Capital Idea
We have all been simply delighted and inspired, but not surprised, by the many talented poets, guitarists, pianists, comedians and more who come out on a Tuesday night. Your hosts seek to increase opportunities for sharing and discovery. Thus we have compiled a list of 12 expectations for our performers. Stay with us a while longer to explore with these in mind:
- Stage time is 6PM to 10PM. Arrive by 5:30 to make the early set. If we don’t get to everyone by 10PM – sorry.
- Plan no more than 2 songs and possibly just one depending on attendance. The MC will let you know.
- Keep it PG before 8PM – under 21 and anyone with strict bed time will be prioritized to the first set (see the MC)
- Sign Up order is not necessarily the order we will call you in – some acts may be prioritized
- Only 1 sign up list and 1 slot per performer/group (Sorry, no more performing in first set and second set)
- The Drake is a not-for-profit joint – consider leaving a donation at the door
- Be kind – give performers your attention & try to stay for the entire show
- Be generous to our sound man. Let the MC know any special requirements before you get called and be careful with the equipment
- Be kind to your bartenders – have a drink – leave a tip
- Hungry? Get some food and bring it back in – we like that
- Try new and different things.
- Be open to new and different things.
Orion and I are having a fabulous time keeping this show alive. Our community is amazing, and we know there is so much more to come.
See you in August!